As part of the registration process for the WUSS 2022 conference in Burlingame, CA, you will be asked to agree to the following COVID-19 waiver:
All registered attendees (along with any third parties who purchase registration), volunteers, partners, vendors, and others in attendance (collectively referred to as “Attendee”), understand that the Western Users of SAS Software Conference and Educational Forum shall be presented in accordance with applicable public health requirements and recommendations as of the date of the event. Attendee agrees to follow all event policies, health and safety requirements, and posted instructions while at the event.
By entering the venue/event, Attendee confirms that they will adhere to local public health requirements, CDC guidelines, and any requirements put in place by event organizers to protect the health and safety of all event attendees. Such requirements may include, without limitation, providing proof of vaccination and/or a recent negative COVID-19 test, wearing a protective face mask, social distancing, quarantine, and other protective measures. Failure to adhere to these requirements may result in removal from the event and/or venue. Attendees who are removed from the event and/or venue for failure to adhere to event policies will not be eligible to receive a refund.
Attendee should not enter the event venue or participate in the Western Users of SAS Software Conference and Educational Forum or any associated events if they fall into any of the following categories:
- Individual who currently or within the past fourteen (14) days has experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, including, but not limited to, fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
- Individual has been diagnosed with COVID-19 and has not yet been cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or a health care provider.
- Individual has reason to believe they may have been recently exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
Assumption of risk
Attendee understands and agrees that there are certain risks of personal or property injury, illness, and/or death associated with attending the event and/or entering the venue, including, without limitation, risk related to the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and any resulting disease (together with any mutation, adaption, or variation thereof, “COVID-19”). Attendee should evaluate their risk in determining whether to attend the event.
Attendee understands and agrees:
- that the risk of exposure to COVID-19 cannot be fully eliminated and is increased by proximity to other people,
- that an inherent and elevated risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place or place where people are gathered,
- that attending the event and/or entering the venue may involve coming into close contact with other people,
- that there is no guarantee, express or implied, that Attendee will not be exposed to COVID-19, and
- that exposure to COVID-19 can result in being subject to quarantine requirements, illness, disability, and other short-term and long-term health effects, including death.
Attendee voluntarily assumes all known and potential risk and danger of injury and/or death from any cause resulting from, in connection with, or incidental to the event and/or venue, including exposure to COVID-19. By registering for the event and/or entering the event or venue, Attendee expressly assumes all risks and dangers arising from or incidental to the event, whether such risks occur before, during, or after the event. Furthermore, Attendee agrees that the event organizers are not responsible for any such risks and that event organizers cannot be held liable for any risk, danger, injury, illness, or damages that may arise as a result of COVID-19 exposure.