Open WUSS Executive Committee Position:
Sponsor and Exhibitor Coordinator
Western Users of SAS Software (WUSS) Executive Committee (EC) is seeking applications for the position of Sponsor and Exhibitor Coordinator. This position is approved by current EC members, after review of applications submitted from WUSS applicants. The WUSS EC will evaluate submissions and determine the Coordinator at the WUSS EC meeting following the WUSS 2022 conference. All applicants will be notified once the EC meeting is finished.
The Sponsor and Exhibitor Coordinator (‘the Coordinator’) manages all aspects of the WUSS Sponsor and Exhibitor program, whose mission is to obtain financial support from companies and academic institutions. Support opportunities include being a Sponsor of the WUSS organization or a Sponsor or Exhibitor at the WUSS Educational Forum and Conference.
- Must have excellent organization, management, communication and leadership skills.
- Must have worked previously in support of an in-house, local, regional or national SAS users’ group, e.g., presenting papers, organizing meetings, planning a conference, etc.
- Must be able to attend and participate in WUSS EC meetings which are held
- in person after the WUSS conference
- via conference call at agreed upon times
- via e-mail.
- Evaluate existing programs and propose any new programs or categories
- Propose adjusted rates paid by sponsors and exhibitors and their corresponding adjusted benefits based on WUSS Conference budgetary needs
- Prepare annual marketing materials for the current conference year, e.g., brochure, email invitation templates, and content for the WUSS website
- Prepare the list of organizations to solicit
- Engage with organizations to procure their financial support of WUSS as a Sponsor, Technical Sponsor and/or an Exhibitor
- Lead a Sponsor and Exhibitor Committee that supports the Coordinator’s responsibilities:
- identify and engage potential Open Source sponsors and exhibitors by including the Open Source Coordinator as a member of the Sponsor and Exhibitor Committee
- represent WUSS while interacting with prospective companies and academic institutions; Interactions can be in person at SAS conferences/events or by contacting the organizations in person or via phone, email or social media
- maintain records of contacts and organizations solicited, track committed organizations, follow up with non-responders, etc.
- contribute to the annual marketing materials for the current conference year, e.g., brochure and content for the WUSS website
- Coordinate with the Conference Registrar and Webmaster to activate the Sponsor and Exhibitor page and payment page on the website
- Coordinate with the Treasurer to create invoices from QuickBooks for sponsors and exhibitors who cannot pay online with a credit card
- Track payments as they are made via the website or by invoice
- For confirmed sponsors and exhibitors, gather logos, company descriptions and company urls for the WUSS website
- Coordinate with the Conference Registrar to ensure exhibitor and sponsor representatives are registered for the conference and registration fees are charged according to their discounted rates
- Prepare final report of sponsor/exhibitor income for the EC
- Send thank you emails to sponsors
- Oversee the Conference Committee Exhibitor Liaison, who determines, documents and communicates logistics information for exhibitors. The Liaison’s duties include:
- Works with Facilities Coordinator and SAS to assign space inside or near Resource Central
- Gather logos, company descriptions, company urls and advertisements for publications, signage and mobile app
- Communicate logistics with each Exhibitor preferable 2 months prior to the conference (information on location, booth setup and teardown times, electricity and WiFi needs, inbound and outbound shipping, registration, etc.)
- Provide opportunity for sponsors and exhibitors to present in WUSS Theater
- Schedule and manage presentations in WUSS Theater
- Assists exhibitors with setup and any other needs during conference
- Ask for exhibitor for feedback and suggestions
To apply, please submit:
- a brief description of your professional and user group experience
- an explanation of why you will make a good EC member; what you will contribute to WUSS EC
- your goals for WUSS
- why you should be selected as WUSS Sponsor and Exhibitor Coordinator
If you know of a qualified candidate, please share this position announcement with them and encourage them to apply.
Submit an application by COB September 15, 2022 to Hunter Glanz, WUSS EC Vice-President, firstname.lastname@example.org.